The Flowers International 5k and 10k
The Cayman Islands is an idyllic location for open water swimming. The pristine sandy white beaches, crystal clear water, exotic tropical fish and flat calm seas offer some of the world’s best conditions for longer swimming distances. The team at the Flowers One Mile Sea Swim are excited to offer distance swimmers a new and challenging addition to the Flowers Swimming calendar. This year we will be introducing the first ever Flowers international 5k and 10k events.
The World’s most scenic 5k and 10k will take place on Monday, June 12th, 2017 following the Flowers One Mile Sea Swim on Saturday, June 10th, 2017. Local and visiting swimming aficionados are encouraged to make it a swimming weekend by participating on Saturday in the mile swim and then on Monday in the 5k or 10k events. These new events follow in the Flowers tradition, guaranteeing 1 in 7 random prize odds. Great prizes include, trips to Toronto, New York and all Cayman Airways destinations. Other random prizes include gym membership from Anytime Fitness, Electronic devices from Flow and lots of other exciting prizes – for the full list please click here
Trophies will be awarded to male and female 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall winners and age group certificates for all age groups winners.
The overall male and female winners for the 5k and 10k will receive a free round trip ticket from North America to the 2018 Flowers Sea Swim, along with one week hotel accommodation and rent a car. Each finisher completing within the cut off times will receive a medal and goodie bag.
Space is limited. Only 100 participants for the 5k and 50 for the 10k.
- Registration is easy, there are lots of opportunities:-
- Please click to Register Online; or
- Register at the Flowers Offices on 184 Seymour Drive, Industrial Park – check out www.flowersblock.ky for directions and hours of operation.
Date: Thursday, June 8th, 2017, Westin Grand Cayman Beach Resort (The official hotel of the Flowers International 5k and 10k.)
- Race briefing – 3:45pm
Date: Monday, June 12th, 2017, Westin Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Race Check in – 6am arm marking
- Race Start (5k&10k) – Westin Grand Cayman Beach Resort 10K starts at 7am & 5K starts at 7:15am
- Race Finish (5k&10k) – Westin Grand Cayman Beach Resort (course maps will be available shortly)
- Finish Celebrations – 11 am
- Cut Off Times: 5k: 2.5 hours & 10k: 1/2 hr after the 1st finisher
Age Groups for 5k and 10k:
- 15 & Under
- 16 – 18
- Age 19-29
- Age 30 – 39
- Age 40 – 49
- Age 50 – 59
- Age 60 – 70
- Age 70 +
* Minimum age limit 14.
* Participants 15 yrs & under will need to have both their coach and parent sign the registration form.
* Course map
Random prizes will be available to all finishers in each race. 1 in 7 wins.
US$5000.00 is also available to anyone who breaks the current 10k course record of :-
1:57:44( Male). Held by: Mateusz Sawrymowicz
2:05:39 (Female). Held by: Zsofia Balazs
For hotel and transport specials please check the Travel Specials section on www.flowersseaswim.com
Email: email@example.com or call 1 345 623 0000 Vonage 1 727 495 0107
To view the competing elite Olympic Athletes view our Olympians page.